[wp-hackers] Putting the P in WordPress

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Tue Jul 6 04:19:44 UTC 2010

On 7/5/2010 11:46 PM, Jeff Jason wrote:
> Why don't people care a little more about implementation and design
> decisions that actually matter.

You're completely right. The more trivial the topic, the more people
likely to have an opinion, because it's easier to do so.

The fundamental flaw of mailing lists, and arguments like this thread,
is that they come to be dominated in volume by the people who have the
most time to post to them.

As I said before, you are in /complete control/ of your site. It's a
single line to remove a filter. If you don't like the filter, vote with
your feet or with a plugin. If the function cause a non-trivial number
of people to avoid 3.0, leave WP, or install a plugin to deactivate I
would seriously reconsider it. In the absence of that, there are a 1,001
better places to focus my attention with regards to WordPress.

If someone made a better version of the function and benchmarked it next
to the current or some of our other formatting functions in some
real-world situations, that would be useful too, and add to the
discussion rather than the noise. I'd love to see wp-hackers return to
more, well, hacking.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://ma.tt | http://wordpress.org | http://automattic.com