[wp-hackers] Putting the P in WordPress

Christopher Ross cross at thisismyurl.com
Mon Jul 5 22:22:18 UTC 2010

On 2010-07-05, at 3:13 PM, Matt Mullenweg wrote:

> If it helps, think of this as one of those quirks that you sometimes love, sometimes disagree with, but ultimately separates WordPress from the 1,000 other generic, soulless, un-opinionated CMSes that flood the market. We have made you a beautiful omelet, sorry about the eggs! Except not really sorry.

Changing the editorial content of a website without the permission of an author and breaking it in the process isn't a simple 'quirk', it demonstrated a dramatic disconnect between your core developers and the users of the platform. There's a fine line between being proud of something you've helped create and being viewed as arrogant by the lowly peasants who run it.

__

Christopher Ross

Toronto      1 (416) 840-5828
Fredericton 1 (506) 474-2708