[wp-hackers] Controller Implementation

Brian Layman bulk at thecodecave.com
Fri Jul 2 23:43:51 UTC 2010

Wow, I'd not read this ticket yet. You and Mike have put a lot of work into
the design.  I've made it about halfway through the ticket, but have to get
back on task.  I just want to say thank you for your effort so far. I will
keep reading.

The only thing that I'd like to observe right now is that we need to
remember that point #2, covered by Mike's ticket, has two implications 1.
that when a request arrives at the site, isolating a single post may not be
possible and 2. when permalinks are determined as a "post" is created, a
unique permalink can no-longer be guaranteed.  Your proposal covers both
situations, if the editor first queries the router and then queries the
returned controller.  Changing permalink structures should cause a
reverification of posts before it is accepted, but thinking of the workload
caused by that on large sites makes me cringe.

BTW what is the number for your ticket?