[wp-hackers] Cleaning up tags

Lari Elovainio lari at kairo.fi
Thu Jan 7 13:48:50 UTC 2010

Hello all,

a client has currently 10 237 post tags. While a great achievement and the result of a lot of work, I’m thinking of removing at least those tags that have only been used once or not at all (8 836).

I can of course do this easily from the term_taxonomy table but what about the term_relationships table? Do these extra tag relationships there slow down the blog? The relationships table currently has over 67 000 rows. How do I remove these too? I’m not good with mysql and could not find a plugin that would do this.

Lari