[wp-hackers] The problem with Contributions and This Thread

William P. Davis will.davis at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 23:23:04 UTC 2010

Having managed a project or two, I can say that it's often the little bugs that can throw a wrench in the whole operation. I can understand why the core team wouldn't want to give someone commit access only for the 'little' things — that's kind of like handing someone a gun to swat flies. A better solution might be to have trusted users without access review patches and leave their comments on tickets.

P.S. Trying to get things by whining rarely works past the age of 5.