[wp-hackers] Change Tag Delimiter from a comma to a semicolon

Michael D Adams mda at blogwaffe.com
Wed Aug 25 09:58:22 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 11:10 AM, Thomas Belknap
<dragonfly at dragonflyeye.net> wrote:
> There are certainly plenty of situations where the comma would be helpful to
> have back as a non-defining character. It might be worth it to specify that
> quotation marks can also define tag boundaries. That way, something within
> quotation marks does not have any internal characters read as delimiters.

Patch to treat tag inputs as "real" CSV strings.

http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/14691

So you could type:

foo, bar, "baz, qux"

and have the following tags added to your post.
foo
bar
baz, qux

I don't really care much about the issue though :)  If you do and like
the idea, pimp the ticket.  If you do but don't like the idea, suggest
something else :)

Mike
--mdawaffe