[wp-hackers] Code reviews for plugins

Charles Frees-Melvin wordpress at cefm.ca
Thu Aug 19 23:58:58 UTC 2010

This is precisely the reason behind this  a well programmed plug-in is less likely to be broken by newer versions of WordPress, it will more likely just become obsolete. We have gone through this in the past.

Remember when everyone used to call the database directly and the massive amounts of broken plugins when tags were brought into core. This review process not only adds a factor of security but that of plugin xyz broke my site because it was not using the proper APIs.

--
Charles E. Frees-Melvin
charles at cefm.ca
www.cefm.ca