[wp-hackers] Code reviews for plugins?

Matt Jacob matt at mattjacob.com
Thu Aug 19 23:34:25 UTC 2010

On 8/19/10 1:01 PM, Eric Mann wrote:
> review plug-ins.  I was hoping we could flag "reviewed" plug-ins in the
> repository to give them a bit of extra work - like verifying that a new version

I think some people are getting hung up on this idea, but I don't
necessarily think it's a bad idea. Perhaps it could be step 2 or step 3
in the process somewhere down the road.

As far as the plugin repo goes, I'm of the opinion that more weight
should be given to plugins that are being actively maintained. Sure,
some older plugins will continue to work as-is, but if that's the case,
how hard is it to update your readme.txt with a "tested up to:" of at
least the current minor release?

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...

Matt