[wp-hackers] creating blogs across several installs

Nuno Morgadinho nuno.morgadinho at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 13:57:00 UTC 2010

I have 5 WPMU installs (with different IP addresses and domains). When
the user signs-up and creates a blog I would like to additionally
create a blog in each of the WPMU installs. I thought about two
possible approaches for this:

1) write directly into the database (the installs all share the same
database server)
2) make a http request to each MU that will then handle the request
and write into the db

Would you rather go for 1 or 2? And is there some work done already in
this front of creating blogs across several installs?

Thanks,

--
Nuno Morgadinho
http://www.morgadinho.org