[wp-hackers] [GSOC2010]WPmove [wpurl] tag replace

Brian McKenna puffnfresh at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 05:08:03 UTC 2010

That's an interesting idea. Just some quick questions.

The main problem so far with migrating is replacing the strings in
serialised data (in options, for example) - does that mean that
[wpurl] will be put in everything and then replaced when anything gets
rendered (not just post content)?

If so, wouldn't having a string replace over the (possibly buffered)
output cause some extra delay in page rendering?

Also, what happens if a user innocently copies and pastes a URL from
their website into the edit screens? Does it automatically get
replaced with [wpurl]?

Thanks,
Brian McKenna