[wp-hackers] WP Update Problems

Matt Martz matt at sivel.net
Mon Apr 5 22:47:49 UTC 2010

> "*Fatal error*: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to
> allocate 6968 bytes) in *
> /var/www/vhosts/my/file/path/wp-includes/formatting.php* on line *1216"*
>
> *Plenty of people seem to have the same problem, but nobody seems to know
> how to fix it. Do any of you have any ideas? Any advice you can give is
> greatly appreciated.*

Seems like you didn't try the one thing that the error actually
mentioned which was that it ran out of memory.  You should set
memory_limit in php.ini to something higher than 32M, perhaps 64M.  Or
if you don't have access to php.ini you can set the following in
wp-config.php

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '64M');

Put that above the line that reads /* That's all, stop editing! Happy
blogging. */

--
Matt Martz
matt at sivel.net