[wp-hackers] Connect the world & publish Everywhere

sutharshan balachandren sutharshan02 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 12:47:47 UTC 2010

I'm thinking about a  new plug-in for word press which can take word press
blog to another level.

What I’m suggesting is that by creating a plug-in or by adding a new module
in the core of the wordpress and let all the word press users to publish
their blogs and wordpress website in all websites and other blogs just by
adding a piece of JavaScript.

This feature has two sub modules.

1.      Publishing module

2.      Display code fragment

The administrator can configure and manage the publishing settings of the
articles that they post. A small part of the article will be displayed in
the web pages that they put the code fragment.

In the display code fragment, the user who puts the code in his blog or
website can change the font, color, number of post etc... It’s very similar
to Google ad sense code fragments. The main advantage of the plug-in is that
the code fragment will be developed using Ajax technology, therefore in any
web servers, in any platform the code can run.

Some of the changes that can be done by just editing the JavaScript values
are given below.

   - 1      Font size, font type, color and styles
   - 2.      Display panel width & height
   - 3.      Number of blog ads in single panel
   - 4.      Blog arrangements (vertical listing | horizontal listing)

Not only this, lots of more features can be added in this module.

Just by having a module like this, there is no need to put links in all
website each time when we publish an article in our blogs. The latest
articles will be displayed automatically by this module in all web pages
which have the code fragment on it.

My opinion is to add this module in the core which can let connect all word
press users very easily and also by adding some other features in the admin
panel like favorite blogs to let all the users to stay connected through
wordpress. This is one of the better option to develop a community by using
wordpress.

I have just tried the prototype of this module in a standalone web
application and its works fine. The prototype only has the display unit
using Ajax and Its done for ad sense.

I’m looking forward for all of your opinions. I'm interested in developing
this plug-in. Therefore each of your opinion is more valuable to me.

Thank you.

--
with love

Sutharshan