[wp-hackers] how to use wp_version_check() function?

Konrad Karpieszuk kkarpieszuk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 19:30:21 UTC 2009

hello :)
I am this guy who created few days ago plugin to notify by email if new
version of wordpress is available.
http://www.muzungu.pl/moje-pluginy-do-wordpressa/upgrade-notification-by-email/

in many places (eg http://www.wptavern.com/upgrade-notifications-by-email )
you suggest me to use function wp_version_check() but i don't know how to do
this :(

i found its description in update.php file but i still dont know how to use
it. i see that i return false or null. ok, but what it returns else?

could anyone axplain me how to check if new version of wordpress is
available using this function and if it is available perform some action
(for example print "is available")?

i tried to use this function in template file footer.php. i putted there:

<?php  if (wp_version_check()) { print "OK"; } else {print "not ok"; }   ?>

and it prints "not ok" at wordpress 2.8.1 and at 2.8.4. so result is thesame
on not actual and actual version of wordpress :(

--
(en) regards / (pl) pozdrawiam
Konrad Karpieszuk