[wp-hackers] static websites - was: wordpress security

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Wed Oct 21 23:57:04 UTC 2009

Chuck Peters wrote:
> Do others agree?

Not everyone agrees with that statement.

My opinion is that for a simple "brochure-ware" site (I hesitate to
call it "static", since of course you can edit the content), WordPress
can be a good tool, if:

- You want to give some small subset of admins a way to edit the
content on the pages via the web (i.e. you need a CMS of some sort).

- You don't envision adding a lot of features to your site beyond
"display some pages" (i.e. you only need a simple CMS tool).

- You want to invest the time/money to create a good-looking theme.

- You plan to keep up with security fixes, updates, etc.

     --Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon * Poplar ProductivityWare
www.poplarware.com