[wp-hackers] WordPress as CMS (was: wordpress security)

mark waterous mark at watero.us
Wed Oct 21 21:00:54 UTC 2009

I might be way off base here, but is removing these things truly beneficial
for pushing Wordpress towards being more widely accepted for its CMS
capabilities?

It occurs to me that Posts, in combination with the WP_Query object is one
of Wordpress' most powerful features for customization and functionality.
This has been demonstrated time and again by various designers and
developers. Maybe changing the naming conventions would be a better
practice, or removing Pages instead? That would leave you with the ability
to still tag and categorize posts for use in custom template designs, or
attach comments, which can be a major factor in most online communities.