[wp-hackers] wordpress security

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Mon Oct 19 14:43:38 UTC 2009

On Oct 16, 2009, at 2:36 PM, Nathan Rice wrote:

> Bloggers aren't the only people who use WordPress. It's a different
> world
> than it was 3 years ago. We can't keep pretending that beginners
> aren't
> using WP. And we can't keep giving them the middle finger for doing
> so.
> WordPress is popular BECAUSE of its low barrier of entry.

The company I work for runs its web site on Drupal, and I'm the
admin.  The update emails are extremely handy, because the only time I
log in to the admin is when something needs to be changed.  It's not a
blog, and isn't updated nearly as regularly as most blog installs are.

+1 from me for "an update is available" emails to admin.  Turn it on
by default, and put in a checkbox to easily turn it off.

A plugin is not enough, because the people who *most* need this are
exactly the ones who won't install a plugin.

Stephen

--
Stephen Rider
http://striderweb.com/