[wp-hackers] wordpress security

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Mon Oct 19 13:46:24 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 2:36 PM, Nathan Rice <ncrice at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you really think that adding an email notification option will be
> completely useless to the millions of WordPress users out there?

Yes. I do. I think it is absolutely and utterly useless, and will not
help anybody anywhere.

> Good grief, if they don't like it, they can turn it off. I probably will.
> But then, they have no reason to blame WordPress.

They have no reason to blame anybody but themselves right now.

Good grief man, even when the notification was added to the admin
screens, people clamored and yelled for some way to disable *that*. Do
you really think that an admin email enabled by default will go over
well? I've already seen too many posts out there complaining about how
WP is too naggy. This is only going to make things worse, and increase
(not decrease) many people's opinion that WordPress is insecure.

> If they still get hacked, it's definitivley their own fault.

It doesn't make any difference whose fault it is. That won't stop
anybody from complaining, loudly.

-Otto
Sent from Memphis, TN, United States