[wp-hackers] How to throttle emails on hosts with email sending limits?

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Fri Oct 9 20:31:54 UTC 2009

Looking at the plugin, it appears to hook to comment_post to send the
notification emails.

I'd rework it a bit. Change the comment_post hook to run a new
function which does a wp_schedule_event to a new action (maybe
stc_send_notifications?). Then hook that to a new function which does
the following:
1. checks to see if anything needs sending still
2. sends emails up to limit
3. if still some left, do another wp_schedule_event to rerun at some
future period of time.

-Otto
Sent from Memphis, TN, United States