[wp-hackers] This was painful to read...

Aaron Brazell emmensetech at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 21:25:25 UTC 2009

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 9:25 AM, Mike Schinkel
<mikeschinkel at newclarity.net>wrote:

> Sounds like then that my issue with custom URLs will need to (mostly) be
> addressed in order to make custom post types usable, right?
>
> FYI, I'd say that 80% of what I've needed custom URLs for has been custom
> post types.

In WP 2.9, register_post_type() adds a post type of foo.

Using WP_Rewrite::add_rewrite_tag() allows you to add a new custom permalink
structure, say, /%foo%/

Add these things to a fuction hooked on init with a low priority and you
should be good to go. I don't see the problem with a little ingenuity and a
few lines of code.

Aaron Brazell
CEO, Emmense Technologies
Lead Editor, Technosailor.com