[wp-hackers] This was painful to read...

Thomas Belknap dragonfly at dragonflyeye.net
Sat Nov 28 12:21:17 UTC 2009

I can get behind the URL routing issues. I can get behind supporting
slightly more abstraction to the data structure of WordPress for the sake of
greater flexibility. But it *is* WORDpress, not PDFpress or EvaluationPress.
The assumption has always been that WordPress is a blog - or if you prefer
not to use that term, a "self publication tool." - not a CMS. For those
willing to put a bunch of extra work into building a full-fledged CMS out of
WP, I say good luck. But I prefer my tools to be good at what they do, not
half-assed for the sake of being like other software that is already out
there in an already saturated market.

WordPress installs easy, sets up fast and is hugely flexible for those
looking to publish their words on the Internet. Those who think the same is
true for Drupal have forgotten what it's like not to know how to do what we
do here. This ease of use factor is what gives WP it's market share.
Changing it will doubtless have the opposite effect.