[wp-hackers] Not willing to summon the ancient troll, but... PHP5 in WP 3.0 ?

Dan Gayle dangayle at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 18:24:37 UTC 2009

Please, let at least this happen. I HATE HATE HATE having to always
upgrade to a new version because the new 'features' introduced in the
last update included security bugs, etc. How fast has WP cycled
through it's 2.8.* branch because of bugs, etc.?

I often don't _want_ to upgrade to get new features, since that can
break custom coded plugins, but we're forced to because there is only
one branch that also includes bug fixes.

At least two branches, please. Do it like linux or something, with a
hardened, stabilized release with long term security support, and a
latest release with the coolest whiz-bang ajax features.