[wp-hackers] Not willing to summon the ancient troll, but... PHP5 in WP 3.0 ?

Shane A. Froebel shane at bugssite.org
Tue Nov 17 04:03:59 UTC 2009

Well..... I would say 3.0 is a major release from the stand point of
possibility that it might be PHP5.

Mark and I were talking at WordCamp NYC (and I think I brought this up a
number of times) that PHP4 is around 10.6% -- not the 14% Matt said on
stage. If we are only .6% points (0./% points for those wanting it to be
below 10%) it might very well happen during the time we are developing
the merge of MU and Stand-alone WordPress in one package.

Mark will chime in once he's all rested up, but I don't have access tot
he real numbers. Clarity will show.

Anyway, back to 2.9 bug hunting. :)

Your Friend,
Shane