[wp-hackers] Plugins and themes localization

José Fontainhas jfontainhas at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 03:11:41 UTC 2009

I am not too sure of the benefits of listing which translations are
available, as a specific section on the readme. Why? Because
maintaining that information is just going to be another headache for
plugin/theme authors, as the translations probably come in on a
different cycle than the "normal" release cycle of the theme or
plugin.

I'd suggest simply indicating if it is internationalized or not, and
on downloading you'd see which translations are available at that
particular moment. Maybe the information on which languages are
available (at the time of that particular release) could simply be
listed on the description section, as well as instructions for
translators on where to send their language files, informally.

My 0.02€, anyway

Zé