[wp-hackers] plugin compatability

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Thu Nov 5 20:40:19 UTC 2009

First of all.

It is possible that in-the-admin plugin compatibility voting will come
in a future version but it's not something for the current version of
WordPress.

We need to see how the voting goes and wait for us to get some data to
look at.

On 5 Nov 2009, at 19:21, Doug Stewart wrote:

> One thing to take a cue from the App Store on is suggested reviews at
> time of plugin deactivation. If you delete an app from your iPhone, a
> dialog pops up and says "Would you like to review this app before
> deleting?" or somesuch, giving users an opportunity to register their
> complaints in a 1-5 star fashion.

I think this is a really bad idea personally.

This is like only asking your unsatisfied customers for a review.

You will likely only get negative low scoring feedback - yes some of
it will be constructive and helpful.

The opportunity cost of installing a free app is so low that you are
much more likely to do it even if it in no way fits your needs and
therefore also much more likely to delete it as it cost you nothing.

westi
--
Peter Westwood
C53C F8FC 8796 8508 88D6 C950 54F4 5DCD A834 01C5