[wp-hackers] Help with wpdb Class Errors

Mike Walsh mpwalsh8 at gmail.com
Thu May 14 00:39:04 GMT 2009

After reading the replies to my question I did some digging around and
indeed I was exceeding the number of connections allowed in my
development area (100).  I didn't think my code was creating this many
connections but obviously it was.

I had originally started using another instance of wpdb because I
didn't want to potentially interfere with somthing WordPress was
doing.  This was a concern I had when I first started working with
WordPress and hadn't ever changed because it worked.  It wasn't until
it stopped working and I read the replies here that I realized that
what I was doing was unnecessary.

It was fairly trivial to change my plugin code to use the existing
wpdb connection instance and after playing with it for a day or so, I
am ready to declare success.

Thanks for the tips, reusing the existing connection hadn't even
occured to me until it was suggested here.

Mike