[wp-hackers] sitemap issues

Simon Wheatley simon at sweetinteraction.com
Thu May 7 08:11:16 GMT 2009

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 9:08 AM, Mayur Somani <somani.mayur at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I am aware of all these plugins but all of these plugins work only for
> wordpress part of the site.
>
> The google sitemap generator plugin does allows to add external pages, but
> if the number of static pages is large, this solution is not practical.

<snip>

> I am very good at google hacking but didn't find any good solution to the
> issue.

A plugin could be written which allowed you to add the static pages
manually, and which auto-generated the WP pages... however I am not
aware of one existing at the moment. You'd need to understand WP and
be able to code PHP to do this though, so it may not be an convenient
solution for you. Alternatively, as Lynne suggested, your solution may
be (gasp) outside of WordPress.

---
Sweet Interaction Ltd is Registered in England/Wales, no. 6610741
Registered office: 7 Malton Av, Manchester, M21 8AT