[wp-hackers] Re: Front-end Editting

scribu scribu at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 01:10:16 GMT 2009

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 3:50 AM, Robin Chang <amorphous123 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yea, kind of like that but I was wondering if there was something that's
> inline with your post. Like if you are looking at a post (not in the admin
> console panel) as an ordinary audience member and you notice that the title
> is two lines because of 1 letter, you could double click on the title and
> remove a letter or change the size of it and press "save" and magic things
> happen that will make it saved.

For something like that to work, you would need to have it built in with the
theme, or use a plugin that comes with it's own templating system, like
Flutter does.

The reason something like that can't currently be integrated into WordPress
is that WordPress themes are allowed complete freedom over the output, so
you don't have standard page elements like post_title, post_content, which
you could manipulate with javascript.

A theme framework that would offer inline editing would be reallly
interesting.

--
http://scribu.net