[wp-hackers] Automatic 'updated version' detection broken

Rich Christiansen warproof at warproof.com
Fri Mar 27 16:48:01 GMT 2009

Hey all,

I recently released an update to a plugin (Featurific for Wordpress) and
noticed that the 'upgrade blurb' has not shown up on any of my test
sites.  I have several test sites running different versions of
Wordpress in slightly different configurations, and the 'update blurb'
has not shown up on any of them.  This is the 'update blurb' to which I
am referring, in this case, for the WP-Syntax plugin:

There is a new version of WP-Syntax available. Download version 0.9.3
here or upgrade automatically.

Any ideas what might be going on?  I've verified that the new version
(1.5.0) has actually posted to the plugin directory
(http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/featurific-for-wordpress/), so that
can't be the problem.  In the past, the blurb has been available, but
with this release, no dice.

Thoughts?

tia,
-Rich