[wp-hackers] GSOC Advanced Search

Varuna Jayasiri vpjayasiri at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 16:52:46 GMT 2009

Hi,

I'm Varuna Jayasiri, a second year undergraduate student at University of
Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. I am interested in working in the improved search
feature project idea for wordpress.

I would like to know whether this project should be developed as a
completely new feature (a new search UI/API and back end search facility) or
as a set of modifications to the WP_Query class to enable more ways to
search with a new search UI.

Also are there any resources which I should go through in order to get a
better understanding about this project.

Thank you
 Varuna