[wp-hackers] Plugin base classes

Simon Wheatley simon at sweetinteraction.com
Wed Mar 18 07:03:56 GMT 2009

Hi,

Prompted by Stephen's Strider message yesterday:

What do people use in the way of plugin base classes when developing,
and why do you use what you use?

I'm using Joghn Godley's plugin base class, which I've found really
helpful. The main issues I've hit is needing one instance of the class
file per plugin; which makes the Strider thing interesting. I've been
wondering about creting dependencies in my plugins, so one plugin
won't work unless you have another installed, but this does seem
complex and I wasn't sure how to make it nice for the user (however
with the new built in plugin install and update it seems more possible).

Thanks.

Sweet Interaction Ltd is Registered in England/Wales, no. 6610741
Registered office: 7 Malton Av, Manchester, M21 8AT