[wp-hackers] Creating a user-generated collaborative (i.e., crowd-sourced) project using WP

zamoose at gmail.com zamoose at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 17:23:49 GMT 2009

On Mar 13, 2009 11:53am, Mark Cunningham <mark.cunningham at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/3/12 Keith Solomon ksolomon at gmail.com>:

> > You could also use the awesome TDO Mini Forms plugin

> > (http://thedeadone.net/software/tdo-mini-forms-wordpress-plugin/). I
> used

> > it on a client site that wanted reader-submitted news stories for his
> site,

> > and it worked beautifully.

> I'd double that (but hey I'm the author of the plugin). You could

> create a very simple form that appears on your theme that doesn't

> require visitors to log in before they post or have access to the

> Wordpress backend. It gets passed through Akismet to prevent spam

> submissions or you can turn on moderation if you want.

> If you have the info as posts in Wordpress then, you can leverage tons

> of Wordpress plugins and themes to make it searchable and accessible.

This is precisely what I need and I'm pursuing it, though I need two things
(and I haven't been able to grok how to do it from the TDOMF documentation):

1) Offer a select/drop-down with limited choices

2) Get Google Local info instead of straight Google Maps from Geo Mashup --
ie, I want people to be able to enter "Target, Philadelphia, PA" and
actually get back real GMaps coordinates.

-Doug