[wp-hackers] Reply By Email in Self Hosted Blogs

Joseph Scott joseph at josephscott.org
Wed Jul 15 15:38:23 UTC 2009

On Jul 14, 2009, at 5:37 PM, Lynne Pope wrote:
> Using wordpress.com as a hub would have more mass appeal, but could
> perhaps
> raise issues for sites behind firewalls that are prevented from
> calling out.
>

> If wordpress.com was used, would this impact on the ability of site
> owners
> to trace emails back to source? Laws in some countries make the need
> to log
> and trace very important.

That's a good question.  What I'd imagine is that the emails would go
back to WordPress.com and then WordPress.com would communicate with
your WordPress.org powered blog and add the new post or comment.  In
that regard it would follow the same pattern as adding a new comment
or post via email to a WordPress.com blog.

I don't know how that impact the various laws for email logging in
other countries.

--
Joseph Scott
joseph at josephscott.org