[wp-hackers] Reply By Email in Self Hosted Blogs

Lynne Pope lynne.pope at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 23:37:23 UTC 2009

2009/7/15 Joseph Scott <joseph at josephscott.org>

> On Jul 14, 2009, at 10:16 AM, Stephane Daury wrote:

> With some work (mostly making sure there's no WordPress.com specific
> codisms) it could be pounded into a plugin.

That would be brilliant!

>> I'm planning on releasing it, but it'll probably be like the video server
>> and require a bit of setup to use fully.
>>
>> I also want to do a way for the WP.com post by email system to post to
>> wordpress.org blogs, or any XML-RPC endpoint.
>>

> I like the sound of that! :D

The second method of using WordPress.com as a hub so that any WordPress.org
> blog could use these features as well going to be much more popular.  That
> said I'll look at the code and see what needs to be done to wrap it into a
> plugin.

 Using wordpress.com as a hub would have more mass appeal, but could perhaps
raise issues for sites behind firewalls that are prevented from calling out.

If wordpress.com was used, would this impact on the ability of site owners
to trace emails back to source? Laws in some countries make the need to log
and trace very important.

Lynne