[wp-hackers] Making WP more secure the evolutionary way

Chris Williams chris at clwill.com
Tue Jan 27 17:32:07 GMT 2009

What's the larger objective here?  Coding for some data access language
other than SQL or making WP more secure by using less raw SQL (as the tread
title suggests)?  It seems that in the former case it's an academic
exercise, since SQL is by far the dominant data access language and no one
has demonstrated a need to go elsewhere.  And in the latter, isn't it
protecting against a threat that exists largely in the laboratory?

In either case it seems like a terribly large amount of work (and change,
read: destabilization) mostly based on theory.  And if it makes coding for
WP (core, plugin, theme, whatever) even marginally more complex, it seems to
be moving in the wrong direction.

Just MHO.
Chris