[wp-hackers] stop HTTP requests made behind one's back

Jacob Santos wordpress at santosj.name
Wed Feb 18 05:05:29 GMT 2009

If you require any hooks to implement the plugin, then I think the core
committers won't mind adding them (disclaimer: I do not speak for those
with commit access, so they may or may not agree to adding hooks).
Actual proxy support, I believe would be ideal (the cheap hack with
adding a filter for cURL didn't work out as well as I thought,
whats-his-face knows, actually I do know his name, but he is on my shit
list, so I'm not going to speak of him).

The goal is to implement features as much as possible in every
transport. I've found, from the work of others, when the SSL support was
added that it isn't always the case. The fopen transport (not the
streams) does not support sending headers, so is therefore limited in
what it can do as well.

Well, I meant to say, good luck.

PS: It isn't so much my code as it is WordPress code, because so many
people have meshed their code and hands in it. I just have a vested
interest in it, because it is my precious.

Jacob Santos