[wp-hackers] allow opting out of WordPress SmartQuotes

John Blackbourn johnbillion+wp at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 02:58:16 GMT 2009

"Another question is what happens to old documents? Apparently once the
damage is done it remains in the database. Well at least with the
aforementioned checkbox of respect, newer blog articles could be saved
the embarrassment, if one so wishes."

wptexturize doesn't touch the database so I don't you where you got
this information. Its function is to take a string and return a
formatted version with curly quotes etc.