[wp-hackers] Feed date format and locale not using blog settings. Bug or feature?

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Wed Feb 11 11:39:11 GMT 2009

Once again, No.
Simply for the fact, That Feed readers do not understand different
languages, The RSS spec (along with most other spec's and software) is
written with English as the common format..
If the spec makes no mention of it, Its not going to be supported by
implementations of it, I do see that people would want it shown in
their native tongue, IMO, Feed readers should be able to translate the
time from a english-centric date/time into the users custom format (or
language format).

I somewhat think Internationalisation might be something that would be
included in future spec's though.