[wp-hackers] Proposal: Twitter Support in Core

Lynne Pope lynne.pope at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 02:29:54 GMT 2009

2009/2/4 Mike Schinkel <mikeschinkel at newclarity.net>

> "Matt Walters" <mwalters8 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sorry, but -1 for spamming the list with a silly request
> > to attempt making a point.
>
> Well, I also wanted to discuss developing a standard API and standard
> repository for Twitter for use in WordPress sites with the community, but
> what's the mechanism to do so when people immediately say "Not in core."
>  Where can it be discussed with the community?

There are the forums (Request and Feedback) and Ideas:
http://wordpress.org/extend/ideas/

I doubt you would get much informed support for developing an API for
Twitter, especially since Twitter makes changes to its own API that impact
those developing with it.  But there is nothing stopping you from developing
your own you know.

Lynne