[wp-hackers] Admin Menu Icons and Text?

Mike Walsh mike_walsh at mindspring.com
Sun Feb 1 15:43:09 GMT 2009

I am doing some work on my Swim Team plugin and have added a top level menu
with a custom icon to the Dashboard.  It works but I guessed on the proper
size of the icon (20x20) because I couldn't find the proper information
anywhere.  The WordPress icons are all in one file and displayed using CSS
offsets so it isn't easy to tell from the icons that ship with 2.7.  Does
anyone know the proper icon size?

My other question is about the top level menu itself - when I add the top
level menu, I get what I want but I also get a submenu with the same name.
I'd like the submenu to have different text (like 'Appearance' has 'Themes'
and 'Settings' has 'General').  Is there a way to do this with
add_menu_page() and add_submenu_page()?  I couldn't find it.

Thanks,

Mike

--

Mike Walsh - mike underscore walsh at mindspring dot com