[wp-hackers] Proposing WP Flavours (various WordPress forks) (Jean-Patrick Smith)

Dave R dave69 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 23:21:30 UTC 2009

Indeed interesting, as those plugins add functionality that is one of the
glaring ommissions from WP truly being a CMS rather than a blog platform,
plus you've dismissed them without offering an alternative solution. Custom
Fields in my opinion while part of the core architecture are more of a
"hack" functionality wise for aiming to provide true CMS capabilities.

So what's better: Core architecture but inadequate functionality for a true
CMS.

Or "breaking" core architecture but delivering true CMS capabilities?

Worthy of discussion me thinks.

Plus, do plugins by their very nature "break" the core architecture on most
occasions?

Cheers,
Dave