[wp-hackers] Little problem while importing Wordpress.com WXR into regular wordpress installation...

Davit Barbakadze jayarjo at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 08:13:26 UTC 2009

Wordpress.com let's users to embed youtube videos (and some others)
using following syntax:

[youtube=http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=VWE7oVKe2Ws]

Now when we did export from Wordpress.com and imported WXR into
regular wordpress installation, all we get in the post is that tag in
textual representation. No resolution into embed video happens. I
guess it's because regular wordpress doesn't support this syntax. Is
there any plugin that does mimic such behavior? Or any hack to turn
those tags into embeds?

I know it's possible to write a plugin, but maybe there already exists one?

--
Davit Barbakadze