[wp-hackers] Plugin API: Unique ID explanation

Chris Jean gaarai at gaarai.com
Fri Aug 7 22:02:38 UTC 2009

Maybe it's just me, but I have no idea what you are talking about Jacob.
The basic idea I'm getting suggests that I should be interested, but the
extremely convoluted way in which you present your argument makes me
completely confused about what it is you are presenting an argument about.

It seems to me that there is some discussion going on somewhere about
using objects (instances of PHP classes) in relation to WordPress
actions and filters. The reason for my confusion is that you linked to a
Trac ticket about the Meta API while also saying that you are not
talking about the Meta API.

If the Plugin API is being discussed and you are saying that object
methods should not be the target for actions and filters, then I
definitely want to participate in the discussion. Everything I code is
done in classes.

Please let me know if I'm misunderstanding something.

Chris Jean
http://gaarai.com/
http://wp-roadmap.com/
http://dnsyogi.com/