[wp-hackers] Validate edits for published post

Mark Cunningham mark.cunningham at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 14:35:37 GMT 2009

2009/4/6 Xavier Borderie <xavier at borderie.net>:
> Now, his bosses would like the same thing for post edits ; that is,
> they would like to be able to validate edits to a published post,
> while the post is still online (putting it back to draft or pending
> state is not an option, as it removes the post from the site).
>
> Is this even possible in the current state of WP?
> If so, do you know of a plugin which lets you do this?

I've been tackling a similar problem. In my plugin TDO Mini Forms
which I'm trying to add editing functionality right now, I'm trying to
add moderation for it. So what I've done is that the edits go to a
fresh revision and an admin can do a diff on latest and this edited
revision before approving it, where the plugin will then make this
revision the current one.

However, I'm assuming in your case, you'd like to use the Wordpress
editing UI to do something similar, which I'm not sure about. Can the
Wordpress post edit screen be used to modify a revision instead of an
actual post?

Mark
--
http://thedeadone.net