[wp-hackers] GSOC - A Couple of Ideas

Karl Wångstedt maillist at wangstedt.net
Wed Apr 1 07:04:30 GMT 2009

28 mar 2009 kl. 20.03 skrev Mike Schinkel:

> While in general I agree, there is the standard case of "I just
> installed a plugin and I know I did, but now I have no idea where to
> configure it."

That could be solved by adding a couple of things.

First I think recently activated plugins should be a separate group in
the plugins list just like recently de-activated. That way it's easy
to get to the configure link next to the de-activate link to the right
of the plugins description.

Second I think it might make sense to mark newly added menu items (by
plugins) in a different colour. Like the message banner when saving a
post and activating a plugin.

I don't think it would make sense to have a separate plugins section
in admin. Especially for users that are just publishers and aren't
admins or technicians. They use a site with an admin interface. Not
Wordpress with plugins activated. If you see the semantic difference. :)

Vänligen
Karl Wångstedt
          Wångstedt  nova
         www.wangstedt.net