[wp-hackers] Re: [wp-svn] [8993] trunk/wp-admin: Add breadcrumb, remove h2 from edit.php.

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Sat Sep 27 18:02:57 GMT 2008

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 5:10 AM, Charles E. Frees-Melvin
<charles at cefm.ca> wrote:
> What if add new post/page where moved as a drop down like "My Account" drops
> down in leu of "New Post". And the search retuened to the head where "add
> new post [go]" is now.
> On 27-Sep-08, at 7:52 AM, Idled Soul wrote:
>
>> Ozh wrote:
>>>
>>> Seriously, this UI is getting ridiculous. 3 links for Dashboard, 3
>>> links or buttons to add a new post, 3 links for user profile, and in
>>> order to maximize the number of click you have to do, some links even
>>> disappear depending on the page you're on. Some links are duplicated
>>> all over the place, while you have to search and dig for others. How
>>> usable, confusing and newbie friendly is this??
>>
>> Why is the search in the sidebar, at bottom? It doesn't look good there,
>> not to mention having to scroll
>> all the way down there to use it. I'd rather have it back up top again,
>> where the drop down menu that
>> doesn't work, is at.
>>
>> And for some reason, the "Comments" link is in the sidebar all by itself,
>> with nothing
>> else for it... I'm sorry, but I'll have to agree with Ozh about some of
>> these changes. Don't get me wrong
>> though, I'm sure it's just some bugs and tweaking that will need done of
>> course, just currently, everything
>> is all over the place.

It's not done yet.  :-)  There, we knew that was coming.  The entire
header is going to be redone to reduce the amount of vertical space it
takes.

Search might end up at the top of the nav, or maybe somewhere back in
the header.  I think the plan is to test it a few different ways and
do a poll as well.

Wireframes and a blog post explaining it all forthcoming.