[wp-hackers] PHPDoc and state of the Codex

Alex King lists at alexking.org
Wed Oct 22 14:44:38 GMT 2008

The Function Reference in the Codex is generally more in-depth with
more examples than the PHPDoc. I believe that is useful, though it
does get out of date and I'm sure is a bear to maintain.

For example, nothing here:

http://phpdoc.wordpress.org/trunk/WordPress/Query/WP_Query.html

has an explanation like this:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/WP_Query