[wp-hackers] PHPDoc and state of the Codex

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Wed Oct 22 14:40:16 GMT 2008

Adam Hunter wrote:
> Both the Codex and the PHPDoc are important to WordPress developers.  If you
> take a look at how many frameworks are documented, WordPress should (and
> pretty much is) being done the same way.  You have a comprehensive reference
> guide (the codex) in conjunction with a more technical api, which gives
> specific function level information for advanced users.

No one is planning to get rid of the articles in the Codex.

But do you think that we need to save, specifically, the Function
Reference section of the Codex, given that we now have near-complete
PHPDoc? The Codex Function Reference was envisioned as a technical API
spec, but never lived up to that (wasn't complete, didn't keep up with
changes).

    --Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon * Poplar ProductivityWare
www.poplarware.com

Drupal/WordPress Sites, Themes, Modules/Plugins
Custom Web Programming, Web Databases
PHP, Perl, MySQL, JavaScript, XML, AJAX