[wp-hackers] SSL for a single page

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Oct 16 20:28:03 GMT 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 3:25 PM, Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 1:43 PM, Rich Pedley <elflop at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Google checkout level 2 interaction contacts your site but only via
>> https.
>
> Yeah, but again, I'm not quite understanding what you mean by that.
> That's between Google and your site, not between your site and a
> browser.
>
> You connect to them via HTTPS, basically posting XML messages to them.
> Your site doesn't need to have any sort of SSL certificate at all,
> because you're just hitting their XML API.

OH! You're talking about using the Notification API? Where they hit
you back directly?

http://code.google.com/apis/checkout/developer/Google_Checkout_XML_API_Notification_API.html

I mean, you keep talking about "level 2", but nowhere in their API
documentation is there any mention of "Levels", so I'm trying to grasp
WTF you're meaning here.