[wp-hackers] Displaying until the more tag of a page?

Stephanie Leary steph at sillybean.net
Thu Nov 20 20:03:30 GMT 2008

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 18:52:11 -0500, "Tommy Vallier"
<tommy at tommyvallier.com> wrote:
> Hey folks,
> I'm building a site with a few hundred pages in an insanely complicated
> parent-child setup. Each page has several paragraphs of text and each
also
> contains a more tag after either the first or second paragraph.
>
> I'm looking to pull the content before the more tag to the front page.

I've done this using the Page Excerpt and Child of Page plugins:
http://blog.ftwr.co.uk/wordpress/page-excerpt/
http://blog.ftwr.co.uk/wordpress/query-child-of-page/

... although now I can't recall if I used the more tags at all, because I
was hand-crafting most of the excerpts. You can see the results at
http://justinelarbalestier.com/ -- all the books listed on the home page
are children of the otherwise-empty Books page. Let me know if you want
details on the code. I've been meaning to write up the inner workings of
that site.

Stephanie