[wp-hackers] WP vs WPMU?

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 21:10:35 GMT 2008

Doug Stewart wrote:
>> You're going to have authoritative control of your DNS for the project,
correct? That's usually one of the biggest bears in getting MU to work
correctly (in a subdomain situation, at least) in my experience.

As far as I would think that's only a problem when you use the form
http://user.site.com vs. http://www.site.com/user, right?  We'd be using the
latter.

>> I would press ahead with MU unless there is a single plugin that you MUST
have that is known not to work with MU (see
http://codex.wordpress.org/WPMU_Plugin_Compatibility for some hints).

Thanks for the input and the link!  Your comments are what I needed to feel
like it's a reasonable idea to use WPMU.

-Mike Schinkel
http://mikeschinkel.com